Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pregnancy #3 The Thrid Trimester

Here I am at 30 weeks along... Did I mention that I don't like having my picture made...I know one day these will be priceless to me.
So here we are in the final leg of this pregnancy. Here are a few more questions...

1) Have you picked out a name?

Yes, I will have another post on that later...We could use your help on the spelling!

2)How much weight have you gained?

Really? I guess I want to ask this of other pregnant women too. My favorite response was from one of my dear friends who said after 40 pounds she stopped counting, and just let everyone know that it was over 40 pounds...
So, over 40 pounds...What can I say I grow them big and healthy! Speaking of big...I am measuring exactly where I'm suppose to...go figure??

3) When is your due date?

September 26...the day before Hudson's birthday. I won't complain if she comes a little early.

4) How are you other kids handling it?

They are very excited. Hudson is glad that he doesn't have to share his toys, and I think he will look forward to playing with his new sister after school. Naomi is so excited! She hugs my belly and tells me she wants to help feed and dress the baby. She will do everything, but change poopy diapers, or so she says.

5)What are you looking forward to most?

Honestly, not being pregnant! And of course seeing our new baby girl and what she will look and act like.

6) How has this pregnancy been different?

Almost everything has been more difficult. Some of the things I've experienced with this one that I didn't with the other ones are...
  • Restless Legs at night
  • Sleepless nights
  • numb arms
  • difficulty breathing
  • dizziness
  • weird places on my eye/vision problems

I guess I should name some positives too...

  • Having two kids that understand what is going on and are excited about their new sister.
  • Knowing how sweet it is to hold a newborn.
  • Looking forward to caring for her, and teaching my little mommy to care for her sister.
  • Knowing that Naomi will have a sister...really that means the world to me!

7) What do you have left to do before the baby comes?

I have to finish putting together the girls room. Okay, so I need to start this project, but none the less, I would prefer it be done before she's born.

  • Get Hudson situated in school (that will be another post)
  • Paint the front of the house. (okay, so I may not get to this one)
  • Purchase a few baby items...thankfully we saved everything...and I mean everything!

I will leave you with a few things you should not say to or about a pregnant woman!

  1. "That's a big baby."
  2. "She's not fat, she's pregnant."
  3. "Are you sure there aren't two in there?"
  4. "Wow, 10 weeks. Do you think your going to make it?"

If for some reason, I didn't answer a question you wanted to know about then feel free to leave me a comment and I will add that to one of my later posts...I still have 9 weeks you know!

9 comments:

ErinB said...

You are absolutely beautiful! You are GLOWING in this photograph. Take more pictures, it's going to be so worth it in the future to know you have these adorable pictures of your sweet babe before she joins the family.

Elizabeth said...

Alisia, you are beautiful! I'm liking the posts!

LLArcher said...

You are nothing but baby-skinny minny! You look great!! Love your posts.

Unknown said...

I loved reading your post!!

Larissa said...

I didn't like having my picture taken either. I am not sure that I even have any. This is a great post! You look great - and it will be such a joy to bring that baby girl home!

Margaret said...

I had weird symptoms with my third too. My restless legs went away just as soon as she was born - or is it that I'm so tired that I don't notice them anymore? Either way, I hope things improve quickly for you as soon as you are holding your sweet girl in your arms! And, I agree with everyone else, you do look great!

Travelin Fam said...

you look great. stop saying that. and we already know how the name should be spelled. i made my case. i don't see how you could see different :)

The Miley Family said...

LOL!
i am so glad you posted this! so many of the thoughts i had the 3rd time around!!! and that pix of you is amazing! you look SO good!!!! my arms were numb, too btw! funny, huh?! i love your blog! keep up the good work! (in all your spare time!- hahah!)

Anonymous said...

Loads!