Thursday, July 22, 2010

One of those days...

So, we all have those days... You know, the one where you have so much to do on top of being tired and having two small children that for some reason refuse to play nicely together or by themselves.

Well yesterday was my day. I'm not sleeping well these days and on top of carrying around...ah hum... a few extra pounds, I was worn out. I was also determined to get some of Hudson's old clothes on Ebay to sell. I was also tired of feeling like I was raising two couch potatoes. So I decided that we would turn off the TV and all go downstairs (which is basically a HUGE playroom for the kids). Also I would open up the back door, let the kids play and then I could get some much needed work done...Sounds like a good plan, right?

Well, no one wanted to play outside unless I was right there with them. No one wanted to be nice. And instead of playing they wanted to spill drinks all over the house and smash popcorn into the carpet. I was on the brink of a total melt-down...

So I decided I would take the kids to McDonald's (the one with an indoor playground) and I was going to let them run and climb and play until they were completely worn out. Sure enough after about an hour of playing and once all the other children left they came to me and asked if it was time to go home!

It did help some. I was at least able to take a nap when we got home.... Never thought I would say this, but thank you McDonald's for your air conditioned playground!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Bless your heart! But yes, don't feel alone: We ALL have days like that! Hope your week has gotten better!