Thursday, July 8, 2010

Davin

My amazing Husband! Like I had mentioned earlier, we are very busy right now. Davin has been working at Regions bank for nearly two years! He was recently promoted to Assistant Branch Manager. We are so proud of him and how hard he has been working. He also has taken on a second job this summer at Roswell Street Baptist Church. This is the church where Davin was saved and baptized at age seven. He is working with the high school ministry this summer (while they are searching for a student pastor) and developing a strategic plan for accomplishing the Great Commission amongst their friends and neighbors.

Speaking of sharing, I would have to say that my husband is one of the most evangelistic people I know. He truly sees himself as God's ambassador wherever he goes. He has not been discouraged that he is not a full-time pastor. Instead he has been focused on doing the work of the ministry wherever he is. If we were all as intentional as Davin...we would see a world of difference in our culture. I know that I am challenged by his faithful walk with the Lord!

Davin has also been very busy helping me with the house work and spending time with the children. What a servant's heart he has. The first few months of my pregnancy were very hard for me. So that meant that Davin would work full-time during the day, then come home and fix dinner (or get us dinner) bathe the kids, and put them to bed...whew! I know he is glad to see me standing at the stove when he gets home!

So, glad that I got to fill you in on what is going on with Davin. What a fun opportunity for me to publicly brag on my amazing husband...

Check back, there is more to come!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations on your job promotion, Davin! And I know that Roswell is so glad to have you back; what a blessing for them to have you for the summer!

ErinB said...

YAY! What great news for Davin and your entire family. We love yall!

Pam said...

So great to read an update on your blog...miss seeing your smiles! Great job, Davin with the promotion and ministering right where God has called you! Love you guys!

Stephanie said...

love the updates!! we will always check in! esp. want to see pics of the newest addition one day, too!

Unknown said...

wow thats great!! Can't wait to hear more about your family!

Corey said...

Yeah on the promotion! Miss you guys!