Monday, July 12, 2010

Hudson

My future Kindergartner!
In this photo he created a straw game that he and Naomi were playing. Davin and I decided not to participate because we weren't sure who all had been using that straw. Well, I can't believe that Hudson is almost 6 years old! He will be starting school in less than a month...more on that to come. He has really come a long way this last year and is turning into a mature young man. Here he is all dressed up, and ready for a fire or medical emergency.

Right now Hudson loves playmobil. He enjoys arranging the men and setting up scenes. He also loves God's word. He really knows his Bible stories and characters. We are so proud of him.
We have taken him to several doctors appointments this summer. He needed to have his eyes checked and we thought that he would need glasses. Turns out he is fine. We also took him to a pediatric urologist for reoccuring Urinary Tract infections. Again, there is nothing major wrong. We just have to make a few at-home adjustments. We are so thankful for good health and a strong little boy.
Funny things Hudson has said...
The other day we were riding in the car, just me and Hudson. He was asking a lot of questions about how the doctors were going to get the baby out. I gave him a vauge explaniation and he kept on asking. I told him we would talk more about it when he was older. Then he says, "Mom, look, it's just me and you here in the car. You can tell me. It's just me and you." I was so tickled and if your wondering...no, I didn't tell him!
We love our Hudson!

3 comments:

Larissa said...

How funny he is!

By the way - Martin asked me all of those questions when I was pregnant with Rosalie. And I actually did tell him. He already knew that Jonathan came out the wrong way through the Csection - so that led him to ask what the right way was. So, I told him - in a very scientific way and we moved on. He really didn't think much of it at all. (if you want to know exactly what I told him, I'll be happy to message it to you) I had a good friend of mine give me an idea of what to say. (I already saw it coming, and wanted to be prepared for when he asked)

Stephanie said...

love that story from the car...thanks for these great updates!

Unknown said...

you have such a sweet family!! We miss you at Stony Hill!