Friday, May 2, 2008

Catching up!

It's amazing how much can happen in a matter of weeks. I have several mini posts within this larger one...
Trip to GA:
We were able to squeeze in one last trip to GA on the weekend of April 18th. We had a wonderful time hanging out with old friends and making some new ones. We know now for sure that we will be heading back to the Atlanta/Woodstock area after graduation. From there we will see where the Lord is leading. There may be some opportunities opening up for us to stay in the area and minister there. What a blessing that would be!!! If you would have asked us a year ago "Where will you go?" We probably would have responded anywhere but Georgia. Even if it is only for a short season, we are thrilled to be headed back home.

Okay, so I know it wasn't Easter, but Hudson found some Easter eggs at Papa and Mimsie's(Davin's grandparents) house and decided to hunt them.

Here they are in the golf cart with Papa. What fun! Naomi just waved like she was a princess in a parade.

Father/Daughter Date:
Naomi and Daddy had their first father daughter date. They went to O'Charley's for lunch. As you can see Naomi was very excited.

How cute!
Pullen Park:
My good friend Chandra called me up and wanted to take the kids to Pullen park. Here we are riding the train. Boy, are we going to miss this place!

Here is Madelyn and Hudson in the kiddie boats. I took several shots and this was the best one.
Here is Chandra, Madelyn, and Hudson in line for the Carousel.
My favorite shot by far! They were so worn out after the park they fell asleep in the car. The best part was that I managed to not only get Hudson and Naomi in the shot, but I got Chandra's car in there too. Check close and you can see the front of her car out of the back window.
Big Helper:
Hudson has really been doing a great job with Naomi. I think that she is starting to hold her own with him. She is also able to communicate a little bit more, so they can finally understand each other. Here he is feeding her breakfast. She absolutely adores him!


Hudson and Dad had a big "Guy Moment" this week. Davin taught Hudson how to use a real hammer. They were fixing some nails on the back porch that were coming up through the boards. He is to the age where all he wants is for Daddy to hang out with him. He told me the other day that he just wants daddy to be with him all day. Hudson played handyman for the rest of the night. I love his shirt, don't you?
Here's Hudson this morning. He woke nice and early at 5:00!!! Here he is adjusting the rail for us. Since the nice weather started, all he wants to do is play outside. I let him out on our back deck. It's closed in on all sides so he can play safely. We are praying for a rental home with a back yard! We feel that's a big need for our little guy.
Potty Announcement:
Naomi made her first official poo-poo on the big girl potty Wednesday. She went into the bathroom and pointed at the toilet. I sat her up there with her diaper off, thinking she would make a little tee-tee and we would all say "yeah" and it would be over. But instead she made her first poo-poo, and on the big girl potty! Yeah for Naomi!!






4 comments:

Pam said...

So fun reading all of your posts and "catching up." Hudson looks absolutely so cute with his tools and hard hat! We are going to miss you guys but know that the Lord has great things planned for your entire family! We love you!

Justin, Chandra, Madelyn, Catharine and Elizabeth Martin said...

LOL...your kiddos crack me up. Hudson is the most animated and clever kid I know! Naomi is a darling Alisia. You do SUCH a great job. I loved seeing the Pullen Park pictures you put up...how funny you got my car in there! I'm glad we are going back this week. It will be fun :)

The Brown's said...

Tick tock, tick tock, goes the hands on the clock! Graduation really is right around the corner now!! Such an exciting time! We've been praying for you guys and are excited to see exactly where you end up serving. Your family has been such a blessing to us.

Tara said...

I loved reading all of your "catch up" stories. What a neat trip to GA and to Pullen Park- Looks like you all had fun! And I love that Hudson is being such a helper and that Naomi had her first daddy-daughter date. My Dad and I used to have those and I will always remember them! We love you guys and are so thankful that the Lord has allowed our paths to cross in Seminary! We can't wait to see what God does through you in GA!