Thursday, April 10, 2008

42 days and counting!!!

Wow! I really can't believe that Davin will graduate in 42 days! It's so exciting to think of where we will be next and what the Lord has planned for us after graduation. As of right now, we are waiting on the Lord. I found so much peace and comfort in the words of this hymn this morning. I just had to share it with you.
Because He lives I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future.
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
We have no idea where we will be going, but we know that the one who is able holds the future. Our lives are so worth living, because He lives!

As we think about what's next we also think about all the wonderful memories and friends we have made. My dear friend Chandra and I have been in very close contact these last few weeks. I think we have come to the realization that fun outings and our kids playing together at the park will soon be coming to an end. Last week we took the kids to the mall and let them play in the kiddie play area. Here is a shot of Hudson and Madelyn. She is the one Hudson says he's going to marry one day. Here is one of Madelyn, Hudson, and Naomi. Catharine enjoyed the play area too. I just didn't get a photo of her playing.
The other day Hudson decided to pull all of his toys out of his toy box. He was trying to find a car (Don't ask which one, he carries a new one around with him everyday!)
I don't think he found the car, but he had fun playing in the toy box, once it was empty.
Well, AWANA has official ended for the year. Hudson did such a good job. He memorized all his verses and earned all his patches. Here he is with his friend Nicolas. We had an awards ceremony on Sunday for AWANA. I forgot my camera. Nicolas' mom sent me these photos. Thanks Julie!

Here he is with some of his cubbies friends on our last night. Corey Perrott is playing a fun game with them. He loves cubbies and has had a wonderful experience. His leaders were amazing and I am so grateful for all they do. My prayer is that where ever we are next there will be an AWANA program.
Okay, so here is our chore motivation shot. In order to motivate Hudson I showed him a photo of his friend Anna Kate doing her chores. (Her mom posted it on their blog) Of course, I had to do the same. So, here he is working hard! He earns a penny for every chore he completes. On Saturday we count up his money and pull 10% out for his tithe and 10% to save. The rest is his to save and spend. He really is a big help, and Naomi helps out too. It's amazing how much they are capable of doing.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad the silverware idea went off so well at your house, too! they are good littl helpers, huh?! i have found that when i am busy doing chores, that if i can i involve her as my special "helper," than it teaches her a great lesson, gives her responsibility, makes me feel like i'm not trying to "busy" her b/c i'm busy, and gives us good engaged time together...she helps me put away the folded clothes, dries the pots and pans, etc...i'm sure you have a million little tips, too-so please share! :)
man-the thought of yall not being here is so sad, but we certainly rejoice with yall!

Justin, Chandra, Madelyn, Catharine and Elizabeth Martin said...

Oh Alisia. I can't imagine not being able to just stop by and us all trek to the playground or head for the mall together. God has been so good to us to give us friends like you through this journey. You are such a precious friend...we will miss you so much.

Nick & Meg Smith said...

So excited for all of the new adventures that God has is store for all of you. I will always cherish the friendship that was forged in being neighbors. I don't think that I have ever enjoyed a neighbor as much as you! What a blessing to learn from your roles as wife and mother. I know that I will fulfill these roles more fully because of your example.

The path before you is in our prayers as well as the steadiness of your hearts in this time! It is amazing to see all of the corners of the world where He places His people. We rejoice with you!

Pop Pop said...

Hudson,

Congratulations on doing so well in Awanas. Mimi and Pop Pop are very proud of you. Good job Hudson. We will love you.

Pam said...

You've been tagged! Check out my blog! Can't wait to read your traits!