Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just a quick update on what I've been up to. I've had several opportunities to paint recently, and I've been very grateful for the work. It is such a fun way to add a little extra income to our family. This picture below is a present I'm working on for my mom. Her and my dad just recently bought a new house. I offered to paint the playroom for all the grandchildren. This is the first part of the mural. I will paint several other little scenes around the room, and then add a few verses from Psalms 127 around the top of the room. This next picture was from a painting I did last week. They wanted something creative to fill the space over their fireplace and above where the TV will sit. You can see the black wall mount where the TV goes. This by far is the highest up I've been to paint a mural. I was a little nervous, but it was easier than I thought.
I worked with Sarah Hayes on this one. She does interior design work. So if you live in the area and are interested in hiring her for your next project, I can get you her number!
Okay, so I took a break from making bread for a while. Then recently I discovered that I could make my favorite whole wheat bread recipe in the bread machine. If you have ever tried to make your own loaf of bread from scratch then you know how exciting this was for me! Here is a picture of my bread. We are still getting used to how dense the bread is. It really fills you up, but sometimes we miss how light and airy store bought bread can be.

5 comments:

Tara said...

You are so talented! I love all the murals that you have done and are doing! I can't wait to see the one in your mom's playroom!

Penny Nordin said...

Hey Alisia! Your bread looks great! We make bread too, although I have to make gluten-free bread (I can't eat gluten, which is in wheat, unfortunately!) so ours is probably even more dense than yours, but still pretty yummy once you get used to it. Lars likes it! :) Your paintings are gorgeous too!

Larissa said...

Gorgeous murals!!!

And it takes time and lots of tweaking to get a whole wheat loaf of bread that isn't dense. My bread used to look that same way . . .and it was very dense. Now the bread I make is just as light and airy as the store bought. BUT. . .it took a long time for me to get it there!

The Tyler Family said...

Love your pictures from Easter and the paintings. You have done a great job so far. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Pam said...

The picture of you and Davin together by the flowers is beautiful! Love the tree mural--can't wait to see the rest either!