Monday, July 14, 2008

Steps of Faith

The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to
Chorus:
Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire
If You want me to
It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone
So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering that Your love put You through
And I will walk through the darkness If You want me to
Cuz when I cross over Jordan
Gonna sing, gonna shout,
Gonna look into Your eyes and see You never let me down
So take me on the pathway that leads me home to You
And I will walk though the valley
If You want me to
Yes, I will walk through the valley
If You want me to

The words of this song by Ginny Owen brought so much encouragement to Davin and I couple of weekends ago. It's been quite a long journey for us since we left 2 1/2 years ago to pursue God's calling on Davin's life. We sold our home and moved to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Davin finished his degree in May and now we are waiting on the Lord to lead us into the next phase of life and ministry. God has been so faithful to us and we have never once gone without something we've needed. Not to mention support from our families and friends. We are so grateful for all He has done. However, we have found ourselves in a time of discouragement unlike anything we've experienced as a couple. What has amazed me is how the Lord has encouraged us through this time with sermons we've heard, scriptures from our quiet times, and songs like the one above. This song came on the radio as we were headed to church, and just at the right time! I write this simply to be "real". If you are reading our blog it's because you want to know what's going on with us, so why not share, huh? I hope the words of this song will encourage you if you are going through a time similar to us.
Rental Home
As you know we have been looking for a rental home for about two months now. We found one that we liked, but we didn't have enough money to get into it. Our dear friends Jay and Shana have offered their home to us at a price we couldn't refuse. They are preparing to go overseas. We will be staying in their home until it sells or until the Lord opens the door for Ministry. I can't begin to tell you how excited and grateful we are by what they are doing and what the Lord has done. They have an amazing house that is less than 5 miles from church! We will love living there as long as the Lord allows. I can't wait to move in next weekend. I will post some pictures after we get settled in.
Thank you Jay and Shana!
Davin's Job
Things are finally beginning to pick up for Davin. When you start a sales job like this one it takes some time to get your feet on the ground. He finally had his first roof completed and will hopefully get his first commission check soon! We have also heard from a church that requested a DVD of one of Davin's sermons. We will keep you posted on how everything turns out!
The Kids
There hasn't been too much changing or going on with the kids lately. They spend the days playing and spending time with Grandparents and cousins. They were very excited to see the rental house and Hudson was thrilled when we showed him where his new room would be.
Hudson did request a haircut. He specifically wanted it out of his eyes. He did such a good job holding still. I was very impressed! Here are a couple of photos...

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

thank you so much for being so transparent and real...so refreshing. any blog can often give the impression that the family whom you are reading about has everything all togehter, all the time. you know? blogs are just kinda designed to showcase fun memoeries, proud moments, cute faces, etc...and lest we all be fooled, we are each in a place where God wants our faith. why would we ,be surprised at that since afterall He tells us that without faith is is impossible to pelase Him.
Be encouraged, dear friends, that He is after your faith, and it SO honors Him that when you don't see ALL of what He is doing, or understand, your heart's posture of faith is IT for Him! We'll be praying that the pleasure and longing in your souls would be knowing He is pleased every moment, esp. when the questions, doubts, discouragement comes...i know that is your desire already. :)

Hudson looks like such a big boy with his hair short like that. :)
I'm so excited tha yall will be in that rental house soon. Prasie God!
Love yall up here~
Stephanie

The Brown's said...

I haven't heard that song...thanks for sharing-those words are incredible and I can completely relate to what you are saying. We miss you guys and continue to pray for you daily. Love Hudson's new short haircut!!! Naomi still looks like a little doll!

Tara said...

Alisia,
Thank you for the transparent update- I agree with Stephanie's comment that God is after our obedience and faith in this journey. You are surely walking this thing out...we are proud of you!

Praise the Lord for a rental house so close to church! Praise God also for the completion of the roof:)

I love Hudson's haircut and will miss him so much in Cubbies (we start in 3 weeks!). Naomi looks beautiful as always and is missed every week in nursery. (We still have her name on the wall...I guess hoping that one day she will come again! It's not the same without you!)

We think and pray for you often! I hope one day soon we will make it down to GA to see you!!! Keep us updated:)

Pam said...

Glad to hear you are doing well! Praise the Lord that you are able to stay in your friend's home. Andy and I love Hudson's haircut. He looks like such a little man!!
Naomi gets more and more beautiful everyday! So sweet! We miss you guys!

The Mizell Family said...

I almost don't recognize Hudson with his new hair. Your kids are growing so fast.