Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No Picture Post

Well, I have been slow on my post these days and it's not due to all our transition. Davin needs my camera for work so I am without it these days. I don't like to post without pictures, but I feel the need to just put an update out there. Davin has also been using our "family" car. Which is now Davin's work truck.(I'll post a photo when I get one) When I need to go somewhere my mom graciously lets me drive her car. I guess once we move out I'll have to cruise around town with the kids in the back of the caddy. I took them to the store in it the other day and you would think they were in hog heaven ridding around in daddy's car. I cannot thank my parents enough for all they have done for us! They are willing to let us live with them until we get on our feet, borrow their car, share their food, and they help me watch the kids. I am definitely enjoying there company along with seeing my brothers and sisters often as well.

I posted earlier that Davin has gotten a job with Academy Roofing. It is a wonderful job and we are very blessed by it. He has been working really hard and seems to be doing well. In this line of work it takes a month or so to get established and going. We are hoping to move into a rental house by mid July. We even have the house picked out already, just waiting on the funds.

We are attending First Baptist Woodstock and we have been going to the Dorminy's Sunday school class. There are a lot of old friends in there and we are hoping to make some new ones as well. We spend our Sunday's with Davin's parents. They have blessed us the last two Sundays with grilled steaks for dinner, and this past Sunday they took us to Moe's for lunch. Needless to say I've got to start counting my Weight Watcher's points again!!!

Mimi took me and the kids to White Water this past week. We had a blast playing on all the water slides. The kids really enjoyed it. It has been years since I went to White Water and was really surprised at how nice it was. Sorry, I don't have any pictures to show!

The kids have been eating up all the attention from their grandparents. They love to play at the pool at Gran's and swing at Mimi's. We have also enrolled Hudson in Wee School(FBCW's Preschool program). He should start in August. I know I had planned on Homeschooling, but I think that this will be really good for Hudson.

I'll try to get a photo up of Davin's "work truck" so you can see what my car has become. When we get a rental I'll post photos of that, too.

5 comments:

Corey said...

Hey Girl,
It sounds like you are having a nice time back home...we miss you!
Love,
Corey

Amy Pass said...

Give us a hollar!!! Let's try to meet up soon!!! Miss ya'll!!!

Tara said...

Wow! It sounds like you all are having such a good time- I loved the update...even without pictures!

So sorry that we didn't make it down to GA this week. Jamie's back is doing better, but the dr. didn't think a 7 hour car ride would have been good for him. We'll let you know when we reschedule and we'll get together!

Love and miss you guys!

Stephanie said...

thanks for the update--we can make it without pictures, just knowing what's been happenieng with yall. :) my personal feeling: if too much time passes, that's what will start to make all of us out-of-town friends feel so disconnected, so THANK YOU for the update...now our imaginations are working double-time to pictrue what you're writing about--like yall 3 in the caddy!, or davin turing the explorer into what i'm imagining to look like a painter's truck for some reason! ha! :)
love the updates-and your precious family. it seems weird to hear about davin working at somewhere secular other than EWF! lucky guy! :) j/k-kinda!
stephanie lyon

Ang said...

What good news! What a beautiful idea on the homeschooling, I would love to have that opportunity with D. Also, what a blessing to be with your parents, Grandparents are the best! Best of luck on your transition. Miss you guys from your Texas cousins.