Thursday, June 19, 2008

Father's Day 2008

Friday night we got a call from Pastor Johnny wanting to meet us and another couple for dinner. What a privilege to spend a Friday night eating out with the new President of the Southern Baptist Convention! Here we are with Pastor and David and Heather Wise. We had a great time hanging out and meeting new friends. Thanks Pastor !
We were delighted to be able to spend Father's day with our families. It was a busy day filled with worship, family, and fun. We started our day very early. We are members at First Baptist Woodstock and our Sunday School starts at 8:10. Because we are living 45 mins North of Woodstock we have to leave the house early. So, no fun breakfast for us, but we did enjoy an incredible lunch with Davin's parents and grandparents. Then we headed back up to Jasper to spend dinner time with my family.

Here we are after church. Have I mentioned how hard it is to get a good family shot these days! I know these are out of order but here are the fathers present at my parent's house on Father's Day. From left to right are my dad, my brother Ray, my brother-in-law Eric, and my sweet husband. The only one missing is my other brother-in-law Larry. (Davin's shirt is wet because he had been in the pool earlier.)
Here is a very sweet shot of Pop Pop and Naomi. He had been out of town for a while working, and she had been asking about him. She was very excited to finally see him.
Okay, so I had mentioned before that I would try to give Hudson some swimming lessons. Here he is about to jump off the diving board and swim to the edge. My brother Ray was in the pool catching the kids as they jumped off. Hudson loves getting in the pool!


Here he is in mid-air! What fun!

Here is a really cute picture of my niece Lila and Naomi. Gran fixed them both up with pig-tales.


I'm not really sure what to say about this photo other than yes that is my son sleeping in a swing, and wearing red overalls. Hudson had an accident at Mimi's house and this was the only option. He insisted on wearing them without a shirt. The overalls actually belonged to Davin when he was a boy.





8 comments:

The Tyler Family said...

Great pictures of the kids swimming. At least Hudson will jump from the diving board. Mackenzie wouldn't have anything to do with it. By the way Judah is better, thanks for checking.

Tara said...

What a wonderful Father's Day! So glad that you all are having such a wonderful time with friends and family. Can't wait to see you in just 2 weeks!

Pam said...

Looks like you guys are having a wonderful time with your family! They must love having you home. Glad to hear you had such a great weekend with Davin and fellowshiping with friends! Miss you!

Corey said...

We miss you, glad to see you are doing great.

The Brown's said...

So glad that you are able to go and worship at your home church...although, we miss having you guys here!

Stephanie said...

ok-so, i laughed out loud at the picture of hudson in the swing! first of all, it's hard for me to imagine him being still long enough in a fun place to actually fall asleep! ak would never! the overalls--huck finn is all i could think! too cute!
Cool that yall got to eat with Dr. Hunt! Can't he pull some strings and get yall a killer church?! :) J/K!!!
LOVE the blog more than ever, since yall are far away now!
stephanie

Justin, Chandra, Madelyn, Catharine and Elizabeth Martin said...

Alisia! Look how long it took me to check your blog! I need a reminder email :) I just cried looking at the pictures of you guys...especially of Naomi in pigtails! When we parted ways her hair couldn't do that yet! :( They are getting so big! What a fun pool...Madelyn misses Hudson SO much. She talks about him and Naomi all the time. LOVE you guys more than you know.

Ang said...

Great pictures Tell Davin I said Happy Father's Day. I love the one of Hudson sleeping on the swing. Have a great summer.