Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Okay, so at first Davin and I thought they were bats. The porch light was pretty dim and it was harder to see than the photo let on. (you know with the flash and all the fancy zoom) He wanted to get them down with a broom and I talked him out of it...So glad that I did! But then we realized that they weren't bats and we could see some spots on them. "Could it be chipmunks, sleeping in the corners up there" I thought. We have little chipmunks all over the place around here. But that seemed like a very odd thing to do. After we took the second photo we could see the feathers. So the answer is birds. I don't know exactly what kind. I've never seen them there before, and they were SOUND ASLEEP! We tried to make noise and wake them up, but they didn't budge. Even so, it was fun to know that we had birds over for the night. I hope they come back and see us again!

So if you know what kind I'd like to know too! I'm assuming they are not nocturnal...so what's your guess?

4 comments:

Travelin Fam said...

They'll be back. That is Coda and Poda. J has been friends with them for years...haha!

Alisia Benavides said...

Awww!

I was so sad last night when they didn't come back. So glad that Davin didn't knock them down with the broom.

The Tyler Family said...

They found a cozy spot for one night, maybe they'll be back. We have birds that live in one of our chimneys (we don't use either here). I guess that is why we had our visitor last week, too.

Justin, Chandra, Madelyn, Catharine and Elizabeth Martin said...

LOL...Hmmmmmm...well the Martin's have birds like that that at their house too! In fact....Mr. Keith took a picture of them. My girls thought they were sooo cute :) LOVE you guys...