Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Hudson!


We celebrated Hudson's 4th Birthday this past Saturday. I can't believe it's been four years. These past 4 years have been filled with a lot of learning and growing. Not only has Hudson grown, but I feel that Davin and I have grown as parents. As many of you know he has been a toughie for us, but the Lord has been good. We have developed skills and built some character. You never know how much you can love or how much you can endure until you become a parent.

We chose to have a "small" party this year with family. Small is an understatement. Our home was full, but we had a blast and made lots of fun memories.

We also took cupcakes to Hudson's class on Thursday. Here is a picture of the cupcake cake that I made for him. I got the idea to do the smoke behind the car from my friend Sarah Livingston.

Naomi is such a big girl. She loved joining his class at their table for cupcakes. We also went to music afterwards and she sang along with Hudson's class.Here's the birthday boy!

Okay so back to the party at our house. (I somehow got these mixed-up)
Hudson got so many cool new toys. The older they get the better the toys. He got his first real set of golf clubs, a kid safe camera, a remote controlled car, a laptop, a larry-boy toy car, some new clothes, an ambulance, a tee-ball set, money for a new fall wardrobe, and hungry hippos! Thank you to everyone who made this day special.
This is Chandler, just one of Hudson's cousins. They were all there including Lexi, who is Davin's cousin's little girl.

Here they are eating lunch on the picnic table that Pop and Mims found for us!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Happy Birthday, Hudson! Mrs. Tara sure does miss you in Cubbies, but I'm so glad that your Mommy is your Cubbies leader now!

And I loved the cake she made for your birthday- What fun it looks like you had! We miss you- Happy Birthday again!

The Tyler Family said...

We missed being at Hudson's party this year. I remembered that the other day for some reason. Probably because we miss you guys. I hope you had fun. God Bless!